How To Build The Perfect Resume
There are multiple ways to apply for a job, but none of them work without the submission of a proper resume. The following blog details how to grab the attention of recruiters by writing a modern and professional resume.
To appear on job searches of companies, companies, organizations, and institutions, it is necessary to present a resume. At the same time, to attract the attention of recruiters, it is necessary that the resume is well written and gathers the necessary data to analyze if the person can be compatible for the vacant position. Now that being said, the curriculum must not only contain the essential data of the applicant but must also comply with a certain structure.
The first stage, which begins before sitting down to write the resume, has to do with starting the search for job offers in an organized and planned manner.
When beginning the job search, it is a good idea for the applicant to consider what their professional objectives are. Once they have the selection of offers that fit their profile, they should carefully read their characteristics, without forgetting the objectives that they previously thought of. If the person considers that the offers are adequate, it is time to evaluate what information to write in the resume, as well as the order in which they are going to do it and their method.
Before writing the resume
There are some steps prior to writing the resume:
- Find information about the company that publishes the job offer. In this way, the applicant will be able to guide their resume in the right direction.
- Another option may be to search for similar job offers to which you want to apply and evaluate what requirements and competencies are valued. With this information, you will be able to put together a resume adapted to the position with useful data.
Analyze the academic trajectory, the training/training attended, and the work experience.
Think, consciously, if you have the skills and accreditations that the position requires.
It is important to frequently reread what is written in the resume, to check not only the grammar, spelling, and coherence but also to make sure that the resume has the intention and ideas that support the objective of the vacant position.
This is the information that should not be missing from any resume:
To start writing a professional resume, the applicant’s first and last name in full must be included.
It is not necessary to put the word “Resume”, since it is understood that the selector, that is, whoever receives the document, will know that it is a resume.
A photo can also be added. Although it is not mandatory information, for certain positions professionals request it as a non-exclusive requirement. It is important to select the correct photograph, which transmits seriousness and is updated.
This item must be completed with personal identification information:
- Full name and surname.
- Personal Identification.
- Place and date of birth.
- Cell phone.
- E-mail: at this point, you have to be very careful not to use an email address with nicknames or terms that are not appropriate. If the email address does not have these characteristics, it is advisable to open a new one, with the applicant’s first and last name, or the closest possible combination with their initials.
- Optional data
Optional data may be included within the personal data:
Social networks can be added, such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, among others. In this case, it is recommended that they be configured so that they are only for private access. But, in turn, it is essential that the applicant evaluate the tone of their publications, especially that they do not contain complaints about previous jobs or aggressive opinions.
The applicants can take advantage of this section to talk about themselves:
- Make a description of themselves and highlight their interests, their virtues, and their strengths.
- Summarize their work experience and what they do when sending the resume.
- Express what their goals are with the position to which they aspire.
- Detail their skills and academic credentials.
- It is important that the applicant knows that everything indicated in this section is done to distinguish themselves from the rest of the candidates.
It refers to the professional training path that receives official titles. It is advisable to indicate only the highest-level titles, whether they are studies completed or to be completed.
It is not necessary to include previous studies, such as secondary or primary education, in the case of a professional with more advanced degrees. These last data should only be included if the applicant does not have a university degree in progress or completed.
How to structure the academic information in the Resume?
First, start with the highest degree title. For example, in the case of a doctoral student, this should be the first one indicated in the resume. If it is from a degree course, it should be done in the same way.
In all cases it must contain:
- Study Center.
- City where the study was conducted.
- Start and end dates.
In this case, only the work experience focused on the position to which one aspires should be indicated. Information that is not relevant will produce disinterest in the selector and will cause the resume to be discarded. Therefore, the information will be:
- The position held or name of the position.
- The name of the company or organization.
- The start and end date.
- The functions performed.
Indicate the degree of mastery of foreign languages: low, medium, high, bilingual.
Indicate the computer knowledge you have in operating systems, word processors, spreadsheets, databases, graphic design, internet, among others. It is necessary to indicate the level of mastery degree for each case.
What is recommended in this instance is to indicate the contact details of at least two or three people who can recommend the candidate, both professionally and personally. The references of former bosses will be taken through the complete data of the person:
- Name and surname.
- Occupation and current position.
- Telephone and contact email (generally from the workplace).