Do you have what it takes to work as a Remote Bookkeeper? Read about the job requirements, salary information, duties, and more.
Do you have what it takes to work as a Remote Bookkeeper ? Read about the job requirements, salary information, duties and more.
About the role: The Bookkeeper is the central hub for nearly all the financial and payroll information in a company. They will be tasked with paying bills, collecting debts, running payroll, and submitting all government forms, sales tax payments, and payroll deductions.
We are looking for a bookkeeper to take care of all our company’s day to day financial tasks. This person will be responsible for both accounts payable and receivable along with all payroll and bank account management and reconciliation tasks.
To do well in this role you should have previous experience as a bookkeeper and have used Xero or QuickBooks.
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Reconcile sales taxes, payroll taxes, 401k, and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitor financial transactions and reports.
- Process accounts receivable and payable.
- Process checks.
- Understand ledgers.
- Work with an accountant when necessary.
- Handle monthly payroll using accounting software.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping software.
- At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience, preferably within a business-services environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Experience with accounting software such as Xero, QuickBooks, or MYOB preferred.
- Able to prepare, review and understand financial statements.